03/07/2023 – Joining wood
Different staples with “European Technical Approval”
The Schotten-based manufacturer in the field of fastening technology Prebena Wilfried Bornemann GmbH+Co. KG has been producing various staples with ETA approval as a certified building product since August 2016.
European Technical Approval (ETA) is a generally accepted form of proof of technical usability of a building product in the sense of construction product regulation in the member states of the EU. The DIBT (German Institute for Structural Engineering) in Berlin granted the certification to the Schotten company once all the conditions and test results had been satisfied. Consequently, the new Prebena building staples have all the necessary properties for permanent use in the building industry, prefabricated housing industry and wooden frame construction industry.
Staple certification for wire Ø 1.52mm – 2.0mm up to a length of 170mm in the following versions: RF = stainless steel, material no. 1.4301 SV = strong galvanized steel, 12 μm zinc coating.
– approval throughout Europe
– increased safety for users/processors
– approval is valid indefinitely
– defined head pull-through parameters for wood fibre insulating material
– defined useful life of the staple = 50 years
– defined materials for the staple base and the connected component (OSB, Rigips, fibre boards etc.)
– staple leg length when connecting wood fibre insulating materials with WP staples up to 170mm
– staple back widths of 8.8mm - 30mm are possible
The current product range with ETA approval includes Prebena types L, Q, WP und Z. Other types are available on request. Building staples are produced at the factory in Schotten and can therefore be marketed and sold as “Made in Germany”. In parallel with the staple certification a range of devices has been developed to handle the staples in the relevant industries. It covers all pneumatic staplers for rapid and simple stapling with ETA staples:
– modules for static use in industrial manufacturing
– mobile modules for moving large-scale substructures
– pneumatic staplers with automatic trigger system
– slide system for placing staples at precise, regular intervals
Prebena Wilfried Bornemann GmbH+Co. KG
Tel.: +49 6044 9601-410