Umbrella association IWCEA appoints new presidency
The IWCEA presidium was newly elected for its tenure in office 2019 to 2021 at the Annual General Meeting, which 2018 took place on November 26 on the occasion of the “wire India” trade fair in Mumbai.
Reutlingen/D (IWCEA) – International Wire+Cable Exhibitors IWCEA e.V., Reutlingen/Germany, takes care of the interests of the national wire and cable machine manufacturers associations of Germany, Austria and France (formerly also of Italy) in the field of wire and cable at trade fairs to trade fair hosts, organisations worldwide and implementing companies. He is anxious to counteract the flood of fairs and their extension by the organisers, and to keep the conditions of the exhibition moderate.
IWCEA pools the national interests. The support of trade fairs is an essential component of the success of the fairs you sponsor. The confederation can proudly look back on a 30-year association activity, which is characterised in particular by years of trusting cooperation with Messe Dusseldorf.
Now, the presidium was newly elected for its tenure in office 2019 to 2021 at the Annual General Meeting, which 2018 took place on November 26 on the occasion of the “wire India” trade fair in Mumbai. Since January 2019 the board consists of the following members:
- As President Mr. Ralf Kappertz (German Association of Wire and Cable Machine Manufacturers VDKM/Niehoff GmbH+Co. KG)
- As Deputy President Mr. Kurt Eder (Association of Austrian Wire and Cable Machinery Manufacturers AWCMA/Eder Engineering GmbH)
- As further Deputy President Mr. Uwe-Peter Weigmann (VDKM/Wafios AG)
- As treasurer Mr. Thomas Kaup (VDKM/Wafios AG) as well
- As secretary Mr. Valery Mercier (IWCEA France)
The election was unanimous. At the same time, Mr. Gerhard Bartz was honoured by the IWCEA executive board for his many years of successful activity for the association. He is available to the new board with his rich experience for a limited time.