Inline pre-treatment of wire
German Witechs is a technology leader in the inline pre-treatment of wire. The company’s service range includes wire pay-offs, systems for the mechanical descaling of wire as well as the coating and cleaning of wire in diameter range 3mm up to 30mm.
New technical highlight is the double-head sander model “SEZ-4-300”. The first this type was gone into operation in a welding wire pre-treatment line with Koch for an international major customer in Germany. Witechs improved this model with the two-roll flyer system “2-RFS”, which has been proven in the model “SEZ-2-450” for more than two years. It’s working with the same external dimensions and the technical data as the previous model “SEZ-6-300”, such as maximum wire entry speed of 2.4m/s with two different sanding belts.
Advantages of the two-roll flyer system are
- Less vibration during machine operation
- Larger loop and contact surface of the sanding belts
- Less wear of the roller bearings by the support arm
- Better sand belt tracking by increased roll diameter with 12% larger belt contact surface
- More stable roller guidance
- Compatibility of flyers and flyer drives with SEZ-2-450, and
- Sanding belt dimensions of 1.440mm x 300mm
Interwire 2019, booth 1451
Tel.: +49 2372 556390-410